Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Swimming Laps

Today I swam a mile! It took me 50 min. Sad. I've been going to the rec. center with my new friend, Heidi. We met her when she took some nice professional pictures of our Davin and brought some very thoughtful keepsakes and mementos made by other angel mommas to us in the hospital. She also does a support group that I like to attend to be able to meet other moms who understand what it's really like to have your baby die.

It feels good to swim (and to finally get my money's worth out of the pass). I think about Davin in the womb a lot while I'm in the pool. In the water....floating, gliding, swimming...like in the amniotic fluid, I imagine what it might have felt like in there...and move my arms and legs and try to appreciate what he felt the short time he got to enjoy his little body.

1 comment:

  1. Good for you for going! Even if it takes you that long, at least you go. I'm so glad to hear you have a support group with other moms. That takes strength to go, and I'm sure it helps a bit if not alot. Love u.

    ReplyDelete