Saturday, January 7, 2012

Ward Temple Night

Phoebe went to CC Keel's 6th birthday party today.  Debbie and Paul had converted the entire garage into a disco party...it was awesome.  And they even had a ball and turned the lights off for a dance.  Phoebe gave her a Zooble.  Phoenix was invited too but he had about zero interest in going to a "girl's birthday party" and I couldn't convince him.

Later that night......I don't remember there being ward temple nights announced much since we've lived here.  So when I saw it on the calendar I was glad, half the stress of getting there is making the time, so to have the day planned was a relief.  I spent the day making sure everything was in order, that it would go smoothly when Patrick got home from work b/c I knew he would be tired and didn't want to stress about anything. So the schedule was lined up, the babysitter arranged, the clothes laid out, dinner plans made, etc..We dropped the kids off at the Youngs' and got to the temple, only to NOT find my recommend in the place it should be. It's never not there. And when I had looked earlier to make sure it was there, it was an expired one.  So I spent several minutes sifting through my bag, my purse, Patrick's wallet, the car, and all those places again and again, grimacing at friends and fellow ward members as they passed us on the way into the lobby.  Went home sure to find it in the couch since Xander had dumped my wallet out on the couch a few days prior, but no, it was actually IN THE PLACE IT SHOULD BE in my bag.  But I did not see it. How could I not have seen it? I felt SO STUPID!! And I felt so frustrated b/c other than last Oct., we have not been to the temple for literal years.  And I wanted to make a fresh start this year and actually GET there...and regularly.  So in the car I cried and Patrick said, "It's not a big deal." But I just felt like the harder I try to get there, the harder it is to actually get there.  So, (sigh), I'd like to try again by the end of the month.

So, we went home and changed, and dang it we had just eaten fast food or else we would have gone out to dinner some where semi-nice.  We looked up on the computer what we could possibly do on a Sat. night on short notice.  Finally we decided to drive downtown to the Clark Planetarium and see a laser light show.  We've seen the U-2 show, so we just got tickets for the one closest to the time we arrived, "Rock On Demand".  The audience picks the songs in the show, and enjoys the accompanying 3Dish visual presentation.  A lot of psychedelic, vertigo inducing visuals.  It was fun.  The DJ was goofy and we got to shout out and we laughed a lot.  Especially about Patrick's story of his old mission companion always saying, "Where do we go now?"(Aerosmith).

Oh my gosh, we went on a DATE!! And it was so fun. I wanted to pull over and make out in the car, but we had children to pick up. I had a really good night in spite of it all.


1 comment:

  1. Please call on me when you want to go on your next temple trip! I'd be glad to watch the kiddos. I can totally bring my kids to your place while you guys go...or... All you have to do is put them in the car in their pjs on a Saturday morning, drive over to drop them...and i'll feed them, dress them & let them have fun. Maybe you can even visit the temples over in Utah county. ;) Love u guys!

    ReplyDelete